Ep 006 | Over $16 Million in Ad Spend with Luke Charlton | 02.06.2023
In 2013, Luke Charlton (AKA: The Aussie Hermit) decided to quit his
comfortable 6-figure/yr government job, move halfway around the world,
and start an online business as a Coach.
Thinking he knew enough about marketing to survive in one of the most
expensive cities in the world (London), he quickly realized this online
thing wasn’t as easy as it looked. Through years of trial and error
struggling and nearly going bankrupt, Luke finally discovered the
formula for online success. Since then he’s helped over 4,000 Coaches grow their businesses online.
Along with that, he’s been featured in “6-Figure Coach” magazine, spent
in excess of $16 million on advertising, banked $50M+ in sales for his
clients, and has been hired by top ad agencies to write copy for experts
such as… Bob Proctor, Mike Dillard, Neil Patel, Grace Lever, Ryan
Moran and many more.
Now he spends his days as a hermit living somewhere near Byron Bay,
runnings his ad agency, and teaching other Coaches how to get consistent
high-paying clients with paid advertising.
key lessons from this episode
- A free guide is the ideal lead magnet to attract high-paying clients.
- Drive and passion is essential to success in any industry.
- Only 3% of the market is ready to buy today, 7% are not quite ready, 30% won’t buy today but in the near future, and the remainder will take a while.
- Follow-up is the key and e-mail is a great platform for that to generate targeted prospects.
- It’s important to market to very specific people, not everyone.