Your web presence serves as the virtual representation of your brand on the internet. An image to your audience that identifies your business by outlining its products and services. How much traffic is your web presence receiving though? Do your website pages have proper on-page optimization elements embedded within to attract the right type of audience? As I was starting out in the marketing industry many moons ago there’s one thing that stuck in my head. “Why have a website if nobody can find it?” Something that a former employer of mine kept repeating over and over like a broken record. Sort of like an informal slogan for his company that never got a seal of approval. Well, he’s quite right frankly. You can’t profit from a web presence if nobody can find it in search engines when searching for product or services related to your industry.
What can you do about increasing your search engine visibility? On-Page optimization serves of great importance when it comes to attracting the right type of audience. Even more so acquiring targeted leads that will turn into qualified conversions. Content, content, content! There’s nothing more valuable than unique, fresh and informative pieces of content. Over 80% of U.S. internet users now perform search queries daily on the web. That’s a whole ton of untapped potential sitting right at your fingertips. Whether it’s comparison shopping or research, it’s likely that more than a dozen folks out there are stumbling across information pertaining to your brand. If your website is optimized correctly than chances are you’ll capture some of this loose traffic.
On-Page Optimization Tips For Your Website
Connecting with the right audience on the web requires proper on-page optimization of your website…amongst other things. What does that really mean though in Layman’s Terms? Search Engine spiders such as the GoogleBot and YahooBot crawl millions (if not billions at this point) of pages on daily basis. As they wonder into cyberspace stumbling across various domains there’s different elements that must fall into what has come to be known as the “algorithm”. That’s a mathematical equation used by search spiders to evaluate the quality and authority of individual domains and pages within the interwebz. Your domain happens to be one of those websites that will be crawled on numerous instances. So, here’s your chance to connect with potential new prospects. Although before going too far here’s a few basics that your pages should probably have in order to attract targeted visitors.
- Layout – aesthetics matter in your virtual presence and the pages of your domain are no exception to this. During the building process of your website consider lighter color themes and schemes. Studies on usability have shown that more users appeal to lighter layouts than darker ones. Each page of your website should flow seamlessly without any complications during a browsing session.
- Website Navigation – it’s extremely important that you’re appealing to your visitors in the right tone. Top and bottom menus should become a standard element of your pages. Left side menus have gained some popularity too and can be also incorporated into your website. Don’t overstuff pages though by putting more than two navigational sections. It will throw off things and create an imbalance. Most importantly strongly consider the implementation of keyword rich menu titles that correspond with the overall theme of your domain. Such tactical approach will provide much needed visibility in SERPs and overall organic ranking benefit.
- Content Of Your Pages – visitors of your website love nothing more than fresh, unique and creative content focused on the products and services that you offer. Nowadays internet searches on the interwebz are especially particular about the way you cater to them. Having said that it’s far more challenging to communicate and capture them effectively. Ensure focus in your content by clearly stating the purpose for it in an easy-to-follow pattern. Additional on-page optimization content enhancements consist of keyword inclusion, keyword density and anchor text implementation for optimum organic benefit.
- Referencing and Cross-linking – as I mentioned above having a website just isn’t enough without it being acknowledged by the search engine spiders. When it comes to on-page optimization best practices you need to consider cross-linking with other websites in an attempt to create additional visibility. For example, if you reference a specific website or article in your content give it the benefit of the doubt by providing a link to it. The owner of that domain will notice the traffic you’re sending their way and reward you with the same courtesy.
- Keyword Terms You Want To Rank For – many people make the mistake of writing content the wrong way. It’s imperative that your content freeflows and therefore appeals to humans in a humanly fashion. Far too many websites on the internet contain content that sounds robotic in other words stuffed with keyword terms, text and links to other websites. Don’t make that very same mistake by writing your content with search engine focus primarily. While the average visitor has the reading level of a 12th grader that shouldn’t prevent you from exercising best practices for on-page optimization though. Consider sprinkling in supportive synonyms that coincide with the main theme of your website for SEO reasons. Search engine spiders are intelligent enough to associate your keyword terms with your content if formatted in the right fashion.
On-page optimization plays a vital role in the organic success of your virtual presence. It’s a core component in ensuring that you capture the right audience in the SERPs while relaying correct messaging to potential prospects. Familiarize yourself with some search engine optimization techniques if you’re new to SEO. More than ever before business owners are slowly realizing the potential organic exposure presents to their brand. Don’t be the last one to know this. Embrace the opportunities at hand by leveraging organic on-page optimization for your website’s advantage.