The Google +1 button has become a top content sharing plugin companion for any blog or website. It’s equivalent to the Twitter Tweet or Facebook Share buttons but slightly more diverse. Since its public launch it has gained some traction and quickly become a top addition for any website. Based on a recent article posted by Mashable Google’s +1 button is now more widespread than Twitter’s Tweet button.
With Google’s +1 button you can give your content that extra spice and offer sharing options for your visitors. A great way to spread the wealth across the web and engage with new audience. Recent Google algorithm changes indicate that posts which have been +1’d are showing up in the Search Engine Result pages. For your website this means additional flow of traffic and potential new opportunities. If you have a WordPress website the addition of Google’s +1 button is quite simple using a ready-made plugin.
Here are some short steps on how to add a Google +1 button to your WordPress website.
- Download the latest copy of Google +1 button plugin for WordPress and save it on your PC or MAC desktop.
- Fire up your WordPress Administration area in a new browser window by visiting www.yourdomain.com/wp-admin and log in.
- In the Dashboard column of the administration area (left-hand side) under Plugins click on Add New. On the following screen click on the Upload link and select the file you downloaded in Step 1 above from your desktop.
- Installation should be completed after unpacking of all plugin files. The plugin should be activated automatically post installation although if in some case it does not look for a “Activate Plugin” link.
- Look under the Settings heading of your dashboard column and you should notice there a Google +1 option. Here you can modify the settings of your Google +1 button look and feel.
- That’s it!