Having your own blog simply isn’t enough nowadays. Alot of entrepreneurs and businesses struggle to find their happy place on the web with their blog. Optimizing your blog can be a difficult process especially if you’re new to blogging or even so a first-time user of such application. Generating revenue from your blog can occur in various ways. One of them that most use nowadays is in the form of content marketing or banner advertising just to mention a couple. Feel free to contact my friend Russ Henneberry for more information on content marketing if that’s an option that you’re familiar with. Banner advertising on your blog can be implemented and configured on your own blog in a few short steps which I’m going to show you how to accomplish in this post.
What Is Banner Advertising?
Banner Advertising or also known as ‘Display Advertising’ refers to an Internet Marketing strategy where you can display text, images, or photos within a designated space on a particular web page(s). For the sake of this post I’m going to keep it brief and only mention that I’m about to show you how you can generate revenue from your blog using this type of marketing strategy. Banner Advertising is a good way to also promote other products and services on your blog which will help attract more visitors and generate some additional revenue for you. Please keep in mind that banner advertising works best on blogs or website that boast a heavy amount of traffic. The results on your blog or website will most likely vary so please keep that in mind as well.
Using AdRotate for Your WordPress Blog
If you’re not using WordPress for your own blog I’d suggest that you pickup the latest copy of WordPress right away. It’s by far the best Open Source Solution for building a fully functional and optimized blog. Once you’ve installed and configured your new WordPress blog I would suggest that you take some time to familiarize yourself with the application especially if you’re a first-time user. AdRotate is a WordPress plugin that gives you that ability to place banner ads on your website in a specific space within a particular page or multiple pages of your blog. Below you will find instructions on how you can install the AdRotate Plugin on your WordPress and list of some of its popular features.
Getting Started with AdRotate
Get the latest copy of AdRotate and download it to the desktop of your computer. After doing so you will need to install the plugin onto your WordPress application using its administration area panel. Visit www.yourwebsite.com/wp-login.php to log into the backend area of your WordPress blog and then follow the instructions below.
- Select the ‘Plugins’ menu by clicking on it to expand.
- Choose ‘Add New’ option.
- Select the ‘Upload’ link on the following page and find the compressed file on your desktop. Click Upload to complete the process.
- Success! If the sky doesn’t fall down then you’re in good shape
- Super easy management of ads, groups and blocks of ads
- Get email notifications when your ads need you
- Simple stats so you can follow which ad is working the best
- Couple ads to users so that user can follow his personalized stats
- Advertisers can easily contact you from their dashboard
- Track how many a banner is clicked and show it’s Cick-Through-Ratio
- Put random, or selected, banners in pages or posts
- Preview banners on edit
- Multiple groups per banner location
- Works with Google Ads and most other referrer/ad programs
- Unlimited Widgets
- Adblocks (blocks of small banners)
- Auto disable ads after X views / Clicks / Period of Time
- Warns you on the dashboard when ads are about to expire
- Use shortcodes, widgets, or PHP to put ads on your site
If you’re unfamiliar with WordPress in general than perhaps you may struggle with installation and or configuration of this plugin. You can find more direct in the manuals & support for AdRotate which will help answer most of your common questions. Alternatively you can visit the knowledgebase to find answers to other questions that you may have as well.
I have been personally using the AdRotate Plugin for WordPress for some time now and am quite pleased with its results. It’s definitely not an ultimate solution to getting rich quick but on higher traffic blogs it will definitely help with generating revenue from your blog.