Joomla 1.5 has quickly emerged once again as a top tier Content Management Solution (CMS) and now you can have a chance to test drive it before you BUY it. Not really….BUY IT because frankly Joomla is an Open Source Development application that has a hefty price tag of FREE. Having said that it’s easier than ever before to preview all the bells and jingles of the new Joomla 1.5 application and determine whether or not it will be a good business solution for your needs.
Certain functionality has been restricted due to security issues and ensuring that other users do not abuse the demo version of this application. They are listed below:
- Global Configuration – you can not change the main configuration of the website as this can ultimately change the entire behavior and performance of the website.
- User Manager – this particular function enables to “Create”, “Modify”, and “Delete” new or existing users therefore has been disabled for obvious reasons.
- Delete – you can not “Delete” data from previous users as this may conflict with the sole operation of certain Components, Modules, or Plugins.
- Upload – you can not upload any files to the back-end of the website for obvious security reasons.
- Create Folder – you can not create individual folders within the application for it is considered a security issues leaving such an option vulnerable and wide open to the general public.
- Install / Uninstall – you can not “Install” or “Uninstall” new or existing additions for Joomla in general.
- Write Message [mail] – you can not write a “New Message” or respond to an existing one to other users of the application.
- Mass mail – you can not send out “Mass E-Mail” messages to existing members of the Joomla 1.5 Demo Site as you will be spamming other users that are attempting to test drive the new version of this application.
Begin Your Joomla 1.5 Test Drive Experience
Please follow the short instructions below in order to successfully create your Joomla Account and begin navigating thru the demo website.
- Create your Joomla Account – visit the following website link in order to create a new account associated with Joomla.org
- Activate Your Account – check your e-mail Inbox for the account you used to setup your new Joomla account. There you will find a link which you must click on in order to verify your new account.
- Use The Joomla 1.5 Demo Website – once you have activated your account you are ready to go. You can login to the Joomla 1.5 Demo Public Frontend or the Joomla 1.5 Demo Public Backend in order to explore the functionalities and features of the application.
NOTE: All new user accounts are automatically granted a Super Administrator privilege which enables you to navigate the front-end and back-end of the Joomla 1.5 Demo Website with the exception of the above mentioned restrictions.
Get a Custom Joomla Website Built
If you have found that Joomla is the perfect Content Management Solution for your needs and are interested in having one custom built for you than this can be arranged as well. You can contact me for a custom quote for your next Joomla OSM solution as I would be more than happy to discuss the specifications and details with you.