With the release of Joomla 1.5 not too long ago the untapped potential of your website functionality remains hidden. There are alot of Joomla lovers that are seeking to find the hidden potential of the Joomla Content Management System. The proper structure of your website has alot to do with how your visitors will react to it and execute on the Call-To-Action pieces. From a marketing perspective your should offer an Opt-In feature on your website such as a Newsletter. Staying connected with your audience and keeping them interested in your products or services will continue to drive recurring revenue and earn new potential prospects.
Engaging with Your Audience
When building a Joomla 1.5 website most users search for the best functionality their website can deliver with the optimum results for creating revenue. There are many paid versions of components, modules, and plug-ins out there for Joomla 1.5 These will work just fine as they have the support that sometimes people are seeking for and provide self-reassurance or personal comfort. Open source packages such as the Joomla Content Management System itself can also provide the functionality and features just as well maybe better than perhaps an equivalent product.
Newsletter Functionality for Your Joomla 1.5 Website
A product that I would highly recommend for creating a Newsletter Opt-In/Opt-Out in your Joomla 1.5 Content Management System environment is the ccNewsletter Component and Module for Joomla 1.5 It’s an open source solution that you can pick up from the Chill Creations website. It’s a free Joomla 1.5 Component and Module bundle that you can install to your website. Some of its key features include:
- Component & Module – install the component on yourJoomla 1.5 website and gain access to custom configurations. The module enables your visitors to opt-in or opt-out from the newsletter feature.
- Custom Newsletter – create a newsletter page using an advanced WYSIWYG editor to be sent to your active subscribers. A preview of the actual newsletter template is available as well via the backend of your Joomla 1.5 website. Send a Test E-Mail to a specified e-mail address to ensure quality assurance prior to sending the Newsletter out to your subscribers.
- Opt In/Opt Out – let your subscribers Opt-In via a short Ajax form that the ccNewsletter Module provides. Upon sign up your subscribers will receive an e-mail with an Activation Link and Deactivation Link to follow in order to take proper action. Custom text for both actions are available.
- Multiple Templates – create various templates for your newsletter should you choose to do so. Choose which particular template you send to your recipients.
- Browse full list of the ccNewsletter Component for Joomla 1.5
This particular component has some very powerful features. If used properly you can engage with your audience and keep your subscribers informed. Hopefully this post helps you with the customization of your Joomla 1.5 website.
Let me know if you end up using this particular product for your Newsletter feature. I’d like to know if this post has truly helped you. Do share your feedback if you have a few minutes!