I tend to spend hours on the webs just browsing and looking for cool things such as new effects and gadgets to use for Joomla 1.5.x websites. Over the course of the last 5 years I’ve been very pleased with this particular content management system and yet to find a substitute for it. On my latest journey thru the web while scouting cool new gadgets for Joomla 1.5.x I stumbled across one particular component that’s a must have for every Joomla web developer. Before I jump into details about it let me give you a little bit of a background about this web application and its core structure.
A Little Bit about Joomla CMS
Joomla is a dynamically-driven PHP content management system that lets any user from novice to expert manage large quantities of content. All of its data stores on the fly within a specific MySQL database. The core elements of the Joomla CMS consists of Components, Modules, Plugins, & Templates. It’s an Open Source Solution (OSS) that provides everything that every website owner could need ranging from a basic website, advanced communities, & e-commerce. You can find out more about Joomla while checking out the documentation on how to get started if you’re looking to create your own Joomla installation. Feel free to take a demo tour of Joomla prior to getting started with it.
Database Management Tool for Joomla 1.5.x
As I previously mentioned the Joomla Content Management System operates and stores data within a MySQL database. Every database consists of individual tables, rows, columns, and records which are used to store specific sections of your website. While operating your Joomla website there won’t be a need for you to edit the database manually although if you need to do so then there is an easy way to do this directly from the administration panel of the website itself. This will save you the hassle of logging into your web hosting control panel and accessing PhpMyAdmin directly. Check out the step-by-step tutorial below on how to install ArtAdminer for Joomla 1.5
Installing ArtAdminer for Joomla 1.5.x
1. Log in to your Joomla Administration Panel by going to http://www.yourwebsitedomain.com/administrator
2. Select the Extensions – Install/Uninstall menu from the top navigation.
3. Select the ZIP file package you downloaded from the link above. Make sure that the installation was successful as you will be shown a completion prompt if that’s the case.
4. Select Components – ArtAdminer from the top navigation menu post installation. You should be asked for DB credentials related to your Joomla installation. Acquire those from your web host and populate the fields properly.
5. You’re done! Now you can edit your DB directly from your Joomla Administration Panel.
Did you find this post useful? Feel free to share your feedback and let me know if I was able to help you out.