8 ways to blow up your social media feeds
02/11/2020 • [rt_reading_time] min read
You can blow up your social media feeds where you are becoming more authoritative, influential, sparking awareness, and create more powerful relationships.
One of the main problems with social media and social media marketing is that there is too much fluff and crap on the Internet that is misleading a lot of people. social media works but only if it is done correctly. This is principally the same about anything that you do regarding business or life.
Personally I am not a huge fan of writing these kinds of articles. However, once in a while when specifically I have seen growth using specific strategies of my own I get the feeling that I should share with the rest of the world.
This is an act of such an attempt.
In this particular article, I wanted to talk about ways that you can blow up your social media feeds beyond your wildest imaginations. These are the same tactics that I have employed in order to establish influence, authority, create awareness, and generate over 6 figures in income in 2019 for my company Razor Sharp Digital.
One of the biggest takeaways that you should gather from this article is that you shouldn’t believe everything you read and hear about social media. Avast majority of the information on the Internet is intended to mislead a lot of people and also create false perceptions. This is how the gurus are capturing your attention and reeling you in.
01. Attention is Currency
- The people with the fake Lambos.
- The females baring it or most of it anyway.
- The overnight “Get Rich” schemes.
02. Stop Worrying About Vanity Metrics
03. Always Context Over Content
04. Understand That Consistency Builds Trust
05. Focus On Relationships and Community Development
- Meet new people. Get to know them.
- Find out what people like and dislike. The same way your significant other.
- Surround yourself with like-minded people. Those who have high goals and aspirations like you or want the same or similar thing as you.
- Contribute and offer value to people’s lives on social media. In the same way, you would in real life.
06. Don't Contradict Yourself!
07. Be Responsive and Attentive
08. Weed Out the Junk & Noise
- If someone is telling you that you will become an influencer on social media overnight then they’re probably lying to you. It takes time to do that.
- If someone is telling you that you can get verified on Instagram in a day, they’re probably lying to you or doing something illegal to get there.
- If someone is telling you that you can get a lot of likes and comments instantly, they’re probably lying to you.
- If someone is promising you the world on social media, they are most DEFINITELY f*cking with you.
BONUS - Use Video On Every Major Platform
Video is KING but only if it has contextual value. That’s like anything else though.
Video has over 80% higher engagement than any other medium. An image is worth 1,000 words but a video is worth 1 million. Video also tells a story which is something that more people can relate to than an image or text.
How do you leverage video on social media? There are really two different types of video content that you can utilize.
Long-form and short-form video!
YouTube, Facebook Watch, Facebook Live, Instagram Live, Twitter Live. All of these are great for building up awareness, interest, and intent with people. There are a ton of benefits in using long-form video but for the most part it’s about storytelling. As human beings, we relate to each other through stories and video is a great way to share such messages with your audience.
This has come to be known as micro-content. Short videos are Facebook Stories, Instagram Stories, Twitter Feed Video. Basically any video content that is usually at least 1 minute in length or a couple of minutes at most.
One of the biggest areas of growth I’ve personally seen in my personal brand and my business has been with social video. Micro-content. This has helped me build up my influence, authority, awareness, interest, and a whole lot more.
I hope that these strategies and tactics I shared with you are valuable in your endeavors.